Hydropower - 100% Clean Renewable Energy
Pacific Green Power, LLC is developing a 10 megawatt (MW) hydroelectric project that will generate electricity to be sold to a public utility. The site for the project is Two Girls Creek in the Willamette National Forest, 25 miles from Sweet Home, Oregon. The company is currently navigating the regulatory and permit process to obtain the necessary entitlements to construct and operate a non-federal hydroelectric facility. The estimated cost of the project is $10.2 million and management projects the facility will begin generating electricity in 2015.
Hydropower - Renewable Green Energy
Ninety percent (90%) of U.S. electricity is generated using fossil fuels and nuclear energy. In fact, electricity generation is our country’s single largest contributor to human-caused CO2 emissions. The remaining 10% of our electricity comes from clean, renewable energy sources such as water, wind and solar. Hydropower (water) is the clear leader in this group, providing 70% of the electricity we generate from renewable energy sources. It is the most reliable source of renewable energy because it has a steady supply of power, while wind and solar are subject to interruptions. Hydropower is 100% clean, green energy. It consumes no natural resources, produces no emissions, and creates zero waste. Compared to all other energy sources, hydropower is the least expensive and most efficient method for generating electricity. To compare falling water running through a hydroelectric plant to burning fossil fuels in the generation of electricity , the efficiency is almost two to one. Water converted to electricity through hydropower is approximately 90% efficient, while fossil fuels converted to energy is 50% efficient with the rest lost to waste, heat and gas emissions into the environment. Also, hydropower is the only renewable energy source that does not require government tax credits, loan guaranties or subsidies to be price competitive.